BMW F87 M2 Motion Control Suspension Installation
2-Way, 3-Way, and 4-Way dampers all for the ultimate in quality and performance
The MCS F8X M2/M3/M4 Remote-Reservoir Damper Set is the result of Motion Control Suspension’s 50+ years of experience in the racing suspension industry, and with that, they’ve created the newest, and one of the most advanced damper systems on the market today. All MCS products are designed from a blank canvas, a foundation of winning damper products, and there are no leftovers from existing designs constraining the results – the MCS damper is the absolute best product that can be produced.
- Front struts and canisters built with Quick Disconnects
- Rears are built as coil-over only for F8X models (the stock chassis structure supports it)
- Damping characteristics are controlled precisely by controlling flow through small holes instead of forcing past traditional shim-stacks
- Large range of adjustment – no need to valve for spring changes
- Non-preloaded valve stack – smoother response without becoming harsh
- Swivel remote canister fittings – mount in any position and install easily
- Blow-off valve system – blows off with big impacts for more grip in demanding conditions
- Large piston rod diameter – more fluid displacement gives better low speed damper control
- Maximum fluid displacement – responds to small amounts of travel for today’s low travel suspensions
- Adjustable gas pressure – affect total weight transfer, allowing the use of lighter spring rates without changing damping characteristics
- Damper bodies produced from the highest quality steel or aluminum, application-dependent, and properly designed to take side-loads without binding or damage
2-Way Double Adjustable – 18 positions of bump adjustment on the remote reservoir and 18 positions of rebound on top of the piston rod. Each adjustment done to the damper (each click) is very noticeable to the driver. Dampers are designed to perform at both low and high piston velocities, giving you total control regardless of the conditions. This is the workhorse damper that is truly professional race quality at an incredible value.
2-Way Custom Double Adjustable – For custom applications and low-volume production, or with custom valving typically for a specific professional race series/tire setup (custom valving is not required or recommended on MCS products for most applications, but is available upon request). 18 positions of bump adjustment on the remote reservoir and 18 positions of rebound on top of the piston rod. Each adjustment done to the damper (each click) is very noticeable to the driver. Dampers are designed to perform at both low and high piston velocities, giving you total control regardless of the conditions.
3-Way Triple Adjustable – 18 positions of high-speed bump adjustment and 18 positions of rebound on top of the piston rod. The 3-Way triple adjustable damper features an additional 6 positions of low-speed bump adjustment. The low-speed bump adjuster is very effective in helping to control body roll while adding to turn in and is effective in controlling pitch and squat. The MCS 3-Way is our choice for high-end performance applications where the budget allows, including competitive autocross, club racing, and professional racing where the engineering required to support a 4-Way may not be readily available.
4-Way Quadruple Adjustable – 18 positions of high-speed bump adjustment, 6 positions of low-speed bump adjustment, 18 positions of high-speed rebound adjustment, and 10 positions of low-speed rebound adjustment. The low-speed bump adjuster is very effective in helping to control body roll while adding to turn in and is effective in controlling pitch and squat. The independent rebound adjusters give an even larger range of adjustment possibilities over the MCS 3-Way damper. This damper is best suited for professional racing with the full support of an experienced engineer.
All damper shafts are induction hardened and chrome plated – the material used is C45 or CrMo for strut applications. The canister pressure can be varied between 6-20 bar (100-350 PSI) to help support the car in high-speed cornering with soft springs. The reservoir is connected to the damper by a high pressure hose and is equipped with swivel banjo’s to easy for easy installation of the canisters in the car regardless of the position. Front canisters come with quick-disconnect fittings.
Damper sets include spring hardware – springs, camber plates, and rear mounts must be ordered separately. These dampers are not typically on the shelf, so please allow build time of 3-4 weeks (or more, season-dependent).